College is more than books and homework. And itís more than what you see in movies. Overall, college is a complete learning and growing experience, helping you to become more responsible, independent and able to make good decisions. College can also help you to get your dream job, become smarter than you ever thought possible, and help you understand who you areóin order to get you where you want to be.
So, why go to college?
- To get out on your own, gain independence and achieve your personal goals. College may be your first time away from home. Youíll be amazed how much you can learn and how much fun youíll have.
- To get the job you want. Higher education prepares you for better paying careers that challenge your mind. College grads generally earn 50 percent more than those without degrees, increasing lifetime earnings by nearly $1 million.
- To help you become a great thinker. College will expand your potential, can help you to make smart decisions.
- To help increase your awareness. College can open your mind to whatís happening in the world and helps you to become involved in it.
- To meet new and interesting people. College is filled with people with whom you can share different life experiences.
- To get involved in extracurricular activities. From sports to clubs to volunteering, college is a great place to participate in activities and discover new ones.
The more educated you become, the better chance you have of earning more money, having higher self-esteem, gaining respect, advancing your career, and even having a higher life expectancy. Overall, college is an experience you donít want to pass up.